We are looking for a Head of People Experience at SPARCK to help us deliver on our ambitious growth plans.
This is a unique role spanning design, culture, people and client engagement – reporting directly to the Head of SPARCK and joining the SPARCK leadership team.
We are looking for an experienced practitioner with a real passion for design, people and cultivating a creative team that deliver amazing design and innovation.
It is important that you have hands-on leadership experience, delivering design and/or innovation projects.
To be clear, we are not looking for HR professionals.
Our people are our greatest advantage, and our culture defines who we are, how we work and what makes us different.
- The Head of People Experience will help knit together a fantastic employee experience for our people; rom attracting, onboarding, and developing as a design & innovation team, to the way in which we work in partnership with the wider business and our clients.
- Our culture has evolved with us, we grew from just a few people 4-5 years ago, and we want it to continue serving us well as we enter a new era of growth.
- We are embarking on a transformation from a 60 person, UK-based business to a 200+ person, global organisation and employee and client experiences are pivotal to our success.
The purpose of the Head of People Experience role is to:
- Continually improve the employee experience, making SPARCK an attractive and leading place to work in the industry.
- Create a project experience that reflect our culture and set our people up to successfully deliver the outcomes our client’s need and expect
- Work with the wider business to join-up and continuously improve the project experience for our people and our clients.
- Develop a workforce that is highly skilled, motivated and can deliver on our ambitious goals (working alongside our People team)
- Champion and evolve the cultural values that makes SPARCK unique, inclusive and innovative as we grow the team
- Provide day to day support to our people, and hands-on management of the culture and squad lead community.
Working with SPARCK you will help deliver:
- An evolving employee & project experience that helps our people thrive, so they deliver fantastic projects and outcomes for clients.
- A scalable approach to continuous improvement of project onboarding, kick-off, delivery and wrap-up so we always deliver exceptional value and an outstanding client experience
- An evolving operating model that enables us to scale from 60 to 200+ across the UK and several international markets.
- A scalable approach to culture, competencies and career development that makes every sparckie feel invested in and provides a clear and fair value exchange.
- An embedded approach to supporting wellbeing and mental health, through self-awareness, building resilience and training.
- Sustainable team growth by attracting, onboarding and retaining diverse top-talent.
- A productive and empowering people and culture community which improve the employee experience through co-creation.
In short, you will work collaboratively across the SPARCK team and the wider business to design and continuously improve our amazing employee & client experience and employer value proposition, to help us achieve successful growth over the coming years.
We would like you to bring:
- Experience running and growing successful, creative teams
- Commercial savviness and experience building creative cultures and projects that deliver great value to our clients
- A passion for continuously raising the bar when it comes to diversity and inclusion, culture and people-centricity
- Collaborative mindset to work with a broad range of stakeholders across the business, the people lead community and our team
- Experience defining and communicating the benefits and return on investment of culture, internally and externally
- Knowledge and experience of design thinking, user centred design and agile methodologies
- A great sense of storytelling and how to tell a story visually
- A naturally collaborative and curious mind, that strives to help others shine and the team to deliver amazing results.
You could be a senior lead / principal designer or creative lead/director, an engagement leader, head of design / delivery, culture lead in an agency, senior consultant or work in an in-house team. Or perhaps something totally different.
For us, it’s not just about having the right kind of professional experience, it’s as much about having a positive attitude, lots of curiosity and an ability to pick things up quickly.
This role will report to the Head of SPARCK and be part of the SPARCK Leadership Team.
We are SPARCK.
SPARCK is a Design and Innovation Consultancy. We are a diverse group of 60+ researchers, strategists, designers and innovators across the UK and internationally, and we are growing fast.
We are part of BJSS, the UK’s leading privately owned technology and business consultancy. This gives us a unique ability to not only design innovative solutions – but to also deliver them through our award-winning Agile Enterprise approach.
At SPARCK you’ll work with talented, enthusiastic and passionate people across all levels of experience and backgrounds, and you’ll learn every day.
Our culture is important and it is essential that you are keen to contribute to make SPARCK a great place to work. Read our Culture Code for more insight: https://sparck.io/our-culture-code/
If you have a curious mind, are fun to work with and have a drive to learn while delivering great outcomes, you’ll love it here.
Get in touch! We’d love to hear from you!