SPARCK Research Academy
Nottingham, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield
Added April 12th 2022
Exciting opportunities for people taking their first career steps in Digital Design!
Fancy a career where you can combine practical, hands-on learning with working on some of the UK’s most exciting Design projects? One thing’s for sure at BJSS you’ll always be learning!
Initially you will join the SPARCK Academy foundations course to learn the tools and skills that will shape your future in research, design and innovation consultancy. Once you are assigned to a project the support and training opportunities don’t stop. You will be assigned a mentor to support you with your development, you will have access to a wide range of learning resources, and we will arrange regular meetups for you and your fellow Academy Alumni. The Academy team are always on hand for anything else you need.
You will find a typical day on the Academy to be engaging, fun and informative where you will learn about cutting edge research methodologies to develop real products to help real people. It will be filled with interactive sessions, consisting of both theory and practical and aided by our expert tutors who will make sure that you get the most out of your learning experience.
The SPARCK Design Academy is open to everyone, whether you are a graduate, self-taught, looking to change career the Academy could be the perfect place for you. At SPARCK we want to provide an environment that provides the same opportunities and support to all no matter your background. So if you have a passion for research, user centred design and the skills mentioned below we want to hear from you.
- Research Background (e.g. Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Research Methods, Behavioural Sciences)
- Experience conducting research to create user centred products and services
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research
- Knowledge of research methodologies
- Passionate about research, user centred design and getting the users voice heard
- People first approach and mindset
- Empathetic and curious
- Proactive and keen to learn
- Confident and independent as well as a team player
- Good presentation skills and confident conveying research insights to a team or client
- A relevant undergraduate degree (Research, Design, HCI, Psychology, Behavioural Sciences etc)
- Experience using research tools (e.g. Qualitative and Quantitative tools, Research synthesis tools)
- Knowledge of User Centred design/ Design thinking processes
- An understanding of accessibility and inclusivity and how to conduct research in this space
- Experience working to a brief / managing stakeholders
- GDS knowledge or experience
- Experience working in an agile multidisciplinary team, e.g. with designers, developers, content designers, product managers
As an Academy Researcher, your role is to understand what challenges users are facing, and then find user centred design solutions to these challenges.
You’ll work in a fast moving, agile environment, within multi-disciplinary teams, delivering advanced technology solution to a range of clients across the globe.
You’ll get to work with some of the brightest and best in the industry on some of the most exciting digital programmes around. Not only will this experience allow you to develop your skills, but you’ll also learn new techniques and refine your interests.
We want you to make the most of your potential, so to help you continue your learning and hone your skills you will experience working on a variety of projects.
We are SPARCK.
SPARCK is a Strategic Design Consultancy. We are a diverse group of 50+ researchers, strategists, designers and innovators across the UK and we are growing fast.
We are part of BJSS, the UK’s leading privately owned technology and business consultancy. This gives us a unique ability to not only design innovative solutions, but deliver them through our award-winning Agile Enterprise approach.
At SPARCK you’ll work with bright, enthusiastic people across all levels of experience and backgrounds, and you’ll learn every day.
Our culture is important and it is essential that you are keen to contribute to make SPARCK a great place to work. Read our Culture Code for more insight: https://sparck.io/our-culture-code/
If you have a curious mind, is fun to work with and have a drive to learn while delivering great outcomes, you will love it here!
Get in touch! We’d love to hear from you!